As part of Mental Health Awareness Week #MHAW17, Harmless Training Team have delivered a number of sessions, including
- Suicide Awareness and Prevention Training in Nottingham
- Level 3 Advanced Working with Self Harm in Derbyshire
- Presenting at Mental Health Today Conference in Cardiff
- Mental Health First Aid Lite (MHFALite) in Nottingham
- A workshop on Self Care and Resilience in Nottingham
- Training for Managers – Mental Health in Nottingham
Wow! That was a busy, but imperative week.
The workshop for Managers took place on 11th May. Due to the stigma surrounding mental health, what better way to try and tackle this, than providing training on how to support staff in the workplace, experiencing mental ill health.
Within the workshop we discussed a range of things, however some key points we covered were;
- What are some signs and symptoms of depression in the workplace
- How can we reduce stigma in the workplace and in wider society
- The benefits of supporting staff in the workplace
There were lots of in depth discussions about what is currently being done in various settings around the city, to support staff in the workplace, experiencing low mental wellbeing or mental health conditions.
But what about our Managers? What about their wellbeing? Are they surviving or thriving? They look out for their staff on a day to day basis, what are they doing to ensure they are looking after their own wellbeing?
As it is #MHAW17, I decided I would ask them to write up and share some of their self care activities that they have upcoming. Activities that ensures they are looking after and supporting themselves, just as they support others in the workplace.