31st August & 1st September £120 per delegate
Certificate and resources for each delegate upon completion
Please note: Attendance on both days of the workshop is mandatory
Youth MHFA is a course aimed at people who come into contact with young people aged 8 to 18. The 2 day workshop will be delivered by a fully trained certified MHFA Trainer.
- Preserve life
- Prevent deterioration of any injury or illness
- Promote healing and recovery
- Provide comfort to the ill or injured.
What are the main benefits of Youth MHFA for me?
Youth MHFA will give you the skills to be able to support young people with mental conditions in crisis. While you will be unable to diagnose mental health conditions, Youth MHFA teaches you how to recognise symptoms of mental ill health, how to support someone in a crisis using an effective model enabling a young person to access appropriate professional help. You will also learn that recovery is likely and indeed possible.
Why is Youth MHFA beneficial to my organisation?
This is not just a training course to take and forget. Independent research shows that up to 88% of people use the first aid skills they learn during the course at least once.
- Your direct actions will help young people to recover faster from mental and emotional health problems – and some of you will even help to prevent suicides.
- Suicide is the second most common cause of death for those aged 15 – 24
- Youth MHFA has been designed and proved to equip you with the right skills to help others
- Youth MHFA teaches you how to approach those difficult conversations or situations
- Provides helpful tips to improve your own mental wellbeing
- Having conversation about mental health helps to break down the barriers of stigma, discrimination and social inequalities