Due to the success of the last Self Harm and Young People training day, Harmless are holding another course on Thursday 20th March.
The training will concentrate on self harm from the perspective of young people and is suitable for anyone who works with young people or who may come in to contact with young people who self harm or at risk of self harm.
The day will cover:
- What self harm is, and who it effects
- What causes young people to self harm and some of the myths around self harm
- What can be done to support and help young people who self harm
- Managing the impact of self harm as an individual and a workplace
- Useful interventions for working with young people who self harm and promoting empowerment
- Managing and assessing risk
The training will be held at the Harmless offices at the Nottingham Community and Voluntary Service from 9:30am-4pm.
100% of candidates that attended the last training said that the Training developed their understanding of self harm and will enable them to do their jobs more effectively.
Candidates said :
“[This was] excellent training and offered a real practical application to my job.”
“The training delivered a realistic understanding and perspective. A knowledgeable and interesting session taught by a vibrant and informative teacher.”