What this training day provides?
This training concentrates on self harm from the perspective of young people. Harmless are a specialist service and leading organisation in the field of self harm and have years of experience of working with those aged under 18 years old. This training day gives delegates from a broad range of professional arenas an opportunity to get a detailed overview from the experts about self harm and working with young people who self harm.
This training would be suitable for anyone who works with young people or who may come in to contract with young people who self harm or at risk of self harm.
It will aim to enhance understanding and skills to be able to make a positive difference to the life of someone who is self harming, and looks to ensure that we feel more comfortable and confident about working with people who self harm.
- What self harm is, and who it effects
- What causes young people to self harm and some of the myths around self harm
- What can be done to support and help young people who self harm
- Managing the impact of self harm as an individual and a workplace
- Useful interventions for working with young people who self harm and promoting empowerment
- Managing and assessing risk
Date: 20th November 2014
Time: 9:30am – 4:00pm
Venue: Nottingham Community and Voluntary Centre
To book your place, click here