Monday was International Happiness Day, what is this, I hear you say, it’s a day to be happy of course.
The United Nations has been celebrating this day since 2013, as a way to recognise the importance of happiness in the lives of people around the world.
I found some really interesting information about the secret to happiness that I wanted to share with you.
We are encouraged to lead a happy life and want the people we love to be happy too. To do this we need to rethink our priorities, our actions and choices can affect our happiness. What makes us happy has less to do with our money or possessions and more to do with our attitudes and relationships with other people.
The secret to happiness and wellbeing is
‘If you want to feel good do good’.
There are ten keys to happier living.
- Do things for others -connect with people – When we’re together everything’s better
- Take care of your body – Be active, relax, rest, repeat daily
- Live life mindfully – There more to life when you stop and notice.
- Keep learning new things – Find time to lose yourself in what you love
- Have goals to look forward to – It helps to know what you’re looking forward to
- Find ways to bounce back – If you can’t change it, change the way you think about it
- Looks for what’s good -See life for what it is but focus on the good bits
- Be comfortable with who you are – Don’t compare your insides with other people’s outside
- Be part of something bigger – The meaning of life is a life with meaning.
For more information please see http://www.dayofhappiness.net/#join