We are currently recruiting for a Suicide Crisis Project Worker within the organisation to join our specialist self harm and suicide prevention team.
For an application form and job description, or for more information please email email@example.com or call 01159 348445 (admin line only). Please include the job title you are applying for in your email.
Application closing date(s) Friday 6th May 2016 at 5pm.
Interviews to be held w/c 16th May 2016.
Applicants must be available for induction on 23rd May 2016.
More information on this position can be found below:
JOB TITLE: Suicide Crisis Project Worker
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Pay: £19k to £24k pro rata (Depending on experience)
MAIN PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF THE JOB
- To provide an assertive outreach approach across Nottingham and Nottinghamshire, to promote a preventative and early intervention approach to people experiencing suicide crisis that are not eligible for existing provision.
- To work collaboratively with communities of need to promote health and recovery amongst individuals by using and demonstrating a range of non-clinical interventions that promote coping and resilience and that overcome crisis.
- To support the recovery of service users by engaging in activities and practical support that will improve the quality of life, for instance support employment, social engagement, advocacy and housing.
- To ensure that clients are engaged in the appropriate services to meet their longer term support needs.
- To co-ordinate, where necessary a safeguarding response in line with local practices and services to ensure that an individual is safe and has a coordinated package of care to ensure they survive their crisis in the most helpful manner for them.
- To support the Clinical and Support services manager to uphold the short term, medium term and long term organisational and the clinical and support team’s objectives.
OTHER DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- To undertake collaborative multidisciplinary work to uphold safety and support for the communities of need e.g. working with school staff, mental health staff or peers to ensure they are contained by well-informed communities.
- To uphold and assist referral pathways for service users and reduce stigma associated with seeking help for suicide crisis and/or working with other services to promote the most effective care package for the individual.
- Willingness to travel and flexibility to meet the demands of the business are essential. Candidates must be able to drive and have access to a car throughout employment.
IMPORTANT: FULL DRIVERS LICENSE AND OWN CAR ESSENTIAL FOR THE ROLE.